Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Insecurity, The Enemy In Me

You make me hide
Behind my fear
Of being so inadequate.

You work your silent
Magic to
Destroy all my relationships.

You find my weakness,
Bring it forward,
Displayed for me to see.

And in my fear,
I'm paranoid
That others see and flee.

I could have love
And friendships true,
But you cast doubt on those.

You show me all
My cons that aren't,
And hide me from my pros.

I think that I
Am who's at fault;
That I can never be

As good as what
I think I should.
You're the enemy in me!

But just like with
Any war,
Winning half the fight

Is knowing who
And knowing where
Your enemy hides in night.

I recognize
Just what you are
And how your lies affect me,

And I will not
Give in today
To you, my adversary!

I am above
Your petty lies
And falsehoods which you show me.

I am human.
Mistakes are human,
So go and let me be!

I, in myself,
Am good enough
For love and happiness.

I can make
Others happy
And rise above all this!

I am satisfied
With me and
Others will be too,

And you can't lay
Your hand on me,
So go hide in the loo!

Oh, destroyer of
Close relationships,
Wall that shrinks from love,

Starter of
All arguments,
Of wars, and push and shove,

Be gone from me,
And don't come back,
So wily and so witty!

You no longer
Rule my life,
Foul Insecurity!


-Davide Young

  • The poem "Insecurity, The Enemy In Me" , is about a person trying to fight their insecurities. It states how their insecurities has caused them to miss out on so many things in life because they are so worried about what the next person might think of them. The writer is also stating how their insecurites make them believe that if they show the real side of them then they won't be accepted by others
  • The thing that caught my eye in this poem is when the writer says "You show me all my cons that aren't and hide me from my pros" this caught my attention because I feel that this is a very strong quote. A lot of people focus on their flaws so much that it starts to ruin them and thats all because of insecurities. Insecurities play a big role in a person's life because having insecurites about yourself could make you have false accusations about the people around you.
  • I can relate to this because I had a lot of insecurites and I couldn't let them go until I begin to lose people I really cared about. Just like the writer in the poem I got to the point where I had to just let my insecurites go and no longer let it take control of my life.

1 comment:

  1. Words spoken with truth always call forth those that can best relate to them. Your lucky to have broken free from those chains.

    ReplyDelete