Thursday, December 13, 2012

What Do You Learn From Writing?

When I write I’m able to express the things that may be hard to say verbally. I’m the type of person that enjoys texting over talking on the phone sometimes because I’m sometimes shy to express myself while speaking. When I’m writing or texting I’m able to open up, it’s as if I’m another person when I write because I become more outgoing. When I’m writing I learn the proper language to use, proper spelling and also I learn more things about myself. The more I write, the more I notice how practice makes perfect because when I didn’t write as much my writing skills were very weak but now they have improved. Writing more has also gave me the courage to want to send letters to colleges and write more advanced papers in my current classes. When writing I’ve also learned the different writing devices, from narratives, persuasive, biographies, auto-biographies etc. I’ve learned how to distinguish the differences in literary devices and how to write my own types of writing. Another thing I’ve learned is how to structure my papers from my opening sentence to my ending sentence. So not only has writing enhanced my writing during school but also in my social life.



No comments:

Post a Comment